Auto Insurance is financial protection against physical damage and/or bodily injury resulting from accidents you get from an insurance company after you contracted with them, in exchange of your payment of a premium.
The coverage limits for your financial losses and physical damages will be determined by your policy.
The minimum auto coverage required by law in the state of California is the following:
– Bodily Injury Liability: $15,000 / $30,000
– Property Damage Liability: $5,000
However, it is recommended to buy more coverages than safe law requires. Indeed, if the financial costs of the damages caused in an accident results in an amount greater than the coverage limits of your policy, you may have to pay the difference, and if you do not have enough cash, your personal assets might be seized (without a good coverage, your house, properties and even future earnings are at risk).
Auto accidents can be very stressful. If you are involved in an accident, it’s important you keep calm and get as much information as possible. Central Pro Insurance has established a TO-DO list for you to follow:
– Stop your vehicle if it is clear, safe, and legal.
– Get off the road, if it is clear, safe and legal. Before you start gathering information, move out of the way of oncoming traffic to keep you and the other drivers safe. If your car cannot be moved, it’s safer to remain in your car with hazard lights turned on until help arrives.
Make a first aid check of all persons involved in the crash.
– Call the police/911 to report the crash and, if necessary, emergency medical services (ambulance).
Exchange car insurance and driver details such as: name, address, phone numbers, driver license, license plate number, insurance company and policy number… You can also take some accident notes, gather the names of people who witnessed the crash and information concerning the cars involved, including year, make, model, etc.
Photograph the accident. Most of cellphones today has a built-in camera. Use it to photograph the damage caused to all the vehicles involved in the crash.
– Don’t admit fault, even if you think you made the mistake. Let the police and insurance companies make statements about the crash.
– Don’t share injury concerns. Do not make any statement at an early stage without the advice of a medical professional that could be refuted later. Just say you are shaken up or in state of shock.
– Get a copy of the police report of the crash.
Call us at 888-960-5308 to report the accident, even if the damage seems minor or the other driver wants to come to an agreement without making an insurance claim.
A deductible is the amount of money that is your responsibility to pay for collision, fire, theft, and comprehensive claims. For example, if you have a $250 deductible and the damage to your vehicle equals $1,000, your insurance provider will issue you a check for $750, and the balance is your responsibility. You have the option to increase or decrease your deductible which will impact your coverage premium.
If your car is stolen, report it to the police and then to Central Pro Insurance. First, there will be a waiting period to see if the police can recover your car. The chances of finding your stolen vehicle increase if you can report the theft quickly and provide as much information as you can: make, model, license plate number, color, specification, distinguishing damage, etc. Some insurance policies offer replacement transportation, contact your insurance agent to know on how to proceed.
Of course, you can sign up more than one person under the same policy and we highly recommend it as you will save a lot of money!
Yes, with Central Pro Insurance, you can change your policy anytime (change of address, payment methods, vehicle, number of drivers and so on). Call us at 888-960-5308 and one of our special agents will help you get a new quote.